Temples Museums And Gardens
With the high frequency off travellers, Rajasthan is boasting with one of the best tourist destinations in country that is famous for its flourishing diversities. The Pink City- Jaipur has a good number of temples that are boasting with rich architecture, the city also holds the legacy of bygone Rajputi era in its museums. With all these, the capital city is also compact with some of the best gardens that are charming and mesmerizing and are perfect place to spend some quality time.
Below are listed some of the best temples, museums and gardens in the Rajasthan –
1. Govind Dev Ji Temple – This is the oldest temples in Jaipur which was built with the establishment of Jaipur city in 1735 AD by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh II. Here are major attraction points –
Entrance Fee – Free
Visiting Time – According Jhankis and Aartis
Aartis-Jhankis – 7 times a day
Architecture – A garden surrounding the temple, ceiling of gold covering, Indian arts Portraits
Major Festival – Janmashtami
2. Birla Mandir – perched atop the hill, Birla Mandir in Jaipur is a beautiful temple. It is wrapped in the white marble sheets which gives it a scenic looks. Birla Mandir is also known as Laxmi Narayan temple as the temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and his consort Goddess Laxmi. Here are some major attraction points –
Entry Fee – INR 150 per person
Visiting Time – 6 AM to 2 PM and 3 PM to 9 PM
Architecture - Sanctum – The huge idol of Goddess Laxmi and Lord Vishnu, Three domes, representing different religions of secular India, Lush green garden surrounding the temple.
Galta Ji Temple, Moti Dungri and many more are other two temples in Jaipur that are visited by various travellers especially flocked by various travellers.
3. Albert Hall Museum – This beautiful palace was built to commemorate the visit of Prince of Wales in Jaipur. The palace was built just outside the entrance gate of the city in 19th century by Maharaja Sawai Ram Singh II. Here are major things about Albert Hall Museum -
Entrance Fee – INR 150 (foreign) INR 20 (Indian)
Visiting Time – 9 AM to 5 PM
Collection in Museum – Apparels, Jewelry, Weapons, Artifacts and belongings of Royal families.
Attraction – Egyptian Mummy
4. Kanak Vrindavan Garden – Here is the most amazing and pleasing garden that is considered as a finest replica of the Gardens of Vrindavan. The place is filled with natural beauty and where one can get relief from daily hustle bustle of city life. Kanak Vrindavan is the best place to revitalize from cool breeze. Here are the major points related to Kanak Vrindavan –
Entry Fee – Free
Visiting Time – 8 AM to 5 PM
Facts - Built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh, Located at foothills of Nahargarh, Closely located with Nahargarh, Jaigarh and Amber Fort.
Major attractions – Marble and stone made marbles, bird watching, lush green lawns, beautiful fountains, blooming flower and tall Kadamb trees.
5. Sisodiya Rani Ka Bagh – This marvelous place is beautiful and is considered as one of the best gardens in Jaipur. This is the largest garden in the city built for the second queen of Rajas Sawai Jai Singh – Queen Sisodiya as a symbol of love. Major points related to the garden –
Entrance Fee – INR 10 to 30 per person
Visiting Time – 8 AM to 6 PM
Architecture – Beautiful pavilions with fountains and garden that gives Mughal architectural glimpse.
Garden is multi-level and has fountains, flower beds and murals of Radha Krishna.
Temple of Shiva and Temple of Hanuman are major tourist attractions.